Tetrosyl Solvent Tank Bund Modifications
Tetrosyl, Heap Bridge Site
Nature of works:
Modification to the existing solvent process plant storage layout and installation and extension of a reinforced concrete secondary containment bund.
STEM Construction was appointed as Principal Contractor under the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015.
Scope of works undertaken:
– Undertake the planning, management and coordination of all construction site activities involving our direct operatives, novated subcontractors and site process activities.
– Development and implementation of the Construction Phase Plan and management of work activities throughout the construction phase of the work under strict health and safety procedures due to the working area being an Atex rated zone.
– Provision of a Design and Build workscope required for the secondary containment bund element of works required to increase the storage capacity of the existing secondary containment bund to facilitate the installation of a new chemical storage tank farm, ensuring compliance with the COMAH Regulations 2015 and CIRIA C736 Prevention of Pollution.
– Coordination of the subcontracted design elements and of the novated Mechanical and Electrical subcontractors.
– Construction of the reinforced concrete floor slabs and wall extensions.
– Construction of pipe bridge foundations and pipework plinths.
– Installation of drainage channels and associated pipework.