Tetrosyl Solvent Tank Bund Modifications
Nature of the works :
Scope and service provided :
Reinforced concrete secondary containment storage bund. Design and build contract.
This project increased the storage capacity of an existing secondary containment storage bund to facilitate the installation of a new chemical storage tank farm, ensuring compliance with COMAH regulations.
New chemical storage tanks were to be installed to enable additional production lines to be installed.
STEM Construction was appointed to:
- Undertake the works on a design and build contract, engaging with the Civil Engineering designers to ensure the COMAH regulations, which govern the chemicals industry, were adhered to
- Clean the existing concrete structure to enable the addition of a new concrete floor slab and wall extension
- Construct the reinforced concrete floor slabs and wall extensions
- Coordinate the Mechanical and Electrical contractor activities to ensure the construction requirements could be achieved and the required programme met
- Implement work activities under strict health and safety procedures due to the working area being an Atex rated zone
8 week construction period