River Mersey Towpath Reinstatement
Nature of the works :
Scope and service provided :
Footpath construction and improvement works.
To upgrade the existing riverside towpath access along the embankment of the river Mersey near Sale Water Park.
STEM Construction was appointed to:
- Arrange footpath closure licences with the local council and also FRAP licences with the Environment Agency prior to works commencing
- Provide and maintain pedestrian management throughout the duration of the works
- Remove and manage the existing degraded aggregate surface where required
- Remove and replace soft spots within the existing towpath where required
- Widen the towpath at localised areas to maintain a constant width to enable vehicle access for maintenance vehicles
- Lay geotextile the the formation of the towpath surface
- Import, kay and compact new aggregate surface to the towpath
4 week construction period