A663 Corridor Improvements
Nature of the works :
Scope and service provided :
Balfour Beatty Mott Macdonald
Highways England Area 10 Assets Support Contract
Section 278 works
Improvement works to the A663 carriageway following a Route Safety Review which highlighted a number of safety issues along the A663 corridor.
STEM Construction was appointed to carry out:
- Installation and coordination of traffic management
- New footway construction including kerb realignment and tactile paved crossing points
- Installation of a new carriageway splitter island at the road junction with the A663, incorporating tactile paved crossing points
- Surfacing of the footway and splitter island
- Installation of LED internally illuminated and retroreflective self-righting bollards, new traffic signs and road markings
Works were carried out to BBMM design drawings in accordance with Rochdale Borough Council specification.
Due to the location and sensitivity of the carriageway, works were coordinated so as not to be undertaken within the carriageway between the hours of 9,.30am and 3.30pm.
3 week on site construction period