Bridgewater Canal Overflow Let-off Chamber
Nature of the works :
Scope and service provided :
Bridgewater Canal Company
Construction of an overflow let-off chamber out-letting into an existing culvert which flows beneath the canal embankment.
STEM Construction was appointed as Principal Contractor:
- Provide and maintain site welfare facilities throughout the duration of the contract
- Develop the Construction Phase Site Management Plan and site safety documents
- Procure subcontractors to install and subsequently extract sheet piled cofferdam. Ensure buoyancy calculations were agreed.
- Dewatering of the cofferdam.
- Transportation by barge of all plant and materials to a remote stretch of the canal system
- Installation of a penstock chamber and connecting pipeworks to the existing culvert manhole
- Reinstatement of canal embankments on completion
6 week on-site construction period