A5036 Vulnerable Users Scheme
Nature of the works :
Scope and service provided :
Balfour Beatty Mott Macdonald
Highways England Area 10 Assets Support Contract
Highway, Section 278 works.
To improve and formalise current facilities along the A5036 carriageway following a Route Safety Review which highlighted a number of safety issues along the A663 corridor.
The A5036 is a heavily trafficked dual carriageway trunk road which links Crosby and Liverpool docks to the junction of the M57, M58, A59 and A5207.
STEM Construction was appointed to carry out:
- Coordination of traffic and pedestrian management
- Installation of tactile paved crossing points along to A5036 corridor with a total of 16 major junctions and side roads
- Total of 75 different crossing points within carriageway footpath, splitter islands and footbridge
- Relining of a major junction including installation of crossing point studding
- Supply and installation of traffic, pedestrian and cycleway signage
- Installation of pedestrian guardrail barrier
- Tackling issues such as shallow services
- Installing self-righting bollards, new traffic signs and road markings.
The works were coordinated to be undertaken to adhere to the off-peak working zone, including night time works at the major junction of Copy Lane.
8 week contact duration